Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feeding on Qantas

I had an aisle seat on my outbound flight to Adelaide. This puzzled me when the flight attendant said he would go back into the galley to get me a serve of the beef meal, but never reappeared after that. Only after some more diligent attendant started serving tea and coffee, and realised that I hadn't been served, did I get my meal, and even then, they were already out of the other option.

The Thai-style papaya salad was insipid and salty, and the beef was tough, stringy and chewy. I gave up after 2 bites, and felt upset and disappointed that I even had to ask for the meal. I take back what I said previously said about Qantas in-flight food, because honestly, it was just as bad as whatever Singapore Airlines dishes up. The only saving grace was the bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment