Monday, January 30, 2012

Teppei

Teppei was recommended to me by a friend who had lived in Tokyo for a number of years - I take his food recommendations very seriously indeed. Just next to Keisuke Tonkotsu King at Orchid Hotel along Tras St.


They have a few side dishes that appear to be free-for-all. This was some daikon stew.

Lotus root and mushroom salad

Daikon with octopus

Each set comes with rice and soup

It's a small place but I think the space works well. All counter seats.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the tempura - it was light, fluffy, hot and not too oily.

The normal lunch set had about 6 or 7 different items, including eggplant, one prawn, fish, and chicken.

They also have different salts - green tea and curry.

I liked the curry better. But both were good.

I suppose the rice isn't from Fukishima.


1 Tras Link #01-18, Orchid Hotel
Tel: 6222-7363

No comments:

Post a Comment