Friday, November 16, 2012

Mi Si Hunan Restaurant (密斯湘菜馆) - Take 2

We made it back to Mi Si Hunan Restaurant with a few other colleagues, where we managed to order a few more things to try. Our Chinese colleague did the ordering, which was the correct thing to do. The food was as good as ever, and left me longing for yet another visit.
This was beef with vegetables - it was almost like beef jerky. Slightly tough but not too bad. 
This was a steamed fish with chilli in lieu of the fish head...I am not sure how the chilli turned out to be yellow - whether it was initially green, or whether there are such things as yellow chillies. Anyway since I am not a huge fish fan, it didn't really matter and the fish (or what I had of it) was all right.
Dried bean curd skin with a sesame chilli oil dressing and lots of coriander - this was fantastic. I could have eaten the entire dish by myself.
Black fungus with pork. This was all right, nothing spectacular but the non chilli eaters among us were quite grateful for it.
These beans were quite nice as well, lightly fried with what looked like olive vegetable.
We had my favourite dish again - bamboo shoots with smoked waxed meat. Lovely as ever, with steamed rice.
 

We also ordered golden mushrooms with vermicelli - which to our surprise, was served warm. But this was not bad also...just a bit on the salty side.

No comments:

Post a Comment