Sunday, January 27, 2013

Aoki reprise

This was a couple of months ago - we managed to make it to Aoki for a weekday lunch towards the tail end of truffle season, and gratified ourselves with a chawanmushi with shaved white truffles. Divine.

The husband had a nigiri sushi set, which I believe, was $50. He won't eat ikura and ama ebi anywhere else but Aoki.

Another view of the set.

I had my usual mazechirashi - I don't think I've ever ordered anything else during lunch.

Every little bit is precious. It's amazing how happy this bowl makes me, everytime we go.

The dessert was slightly different - although it was still a trio of different things, there was a tofu-like item instead of the mochi. Can't really remember what it tasted like (or was!), but the umeshu jelly is always a great way to end the meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment