Monday, September 17, 2012

Lunch at Au Petit Salut

Au Petit Salut has a great set lunch for $36++, and we had a very nice lunch there one weekday afternoon - it was cool, cloudy and perfect for sitting outdoors.

They were pretty generous with the flow of bread, which was nice.
I had the escargot for my starter - the bread was excellent with the herb+garlic butter.
The snails were tender, but it's the sauce that makes or breaks the dish. This one had a bit too much tomato at the bottom, but nothing to complain about really.The husband had the pork and prune terrine. He probably thought it was undersized :) But he liked it - not too salty, and not too fatty. The husband had the beef stew that came with horseradish froth (which we thought was a bit too much). I thought this was a brilliant dish - the sauce was like a consomme, very light and drinkable. The beef cheeks were super tender as well. I liked this better than he did.
I had the bavette steak, which we found out, was something similar to skirt. He liked this more than I did. So being good Asian diners, we swopped plates eventually. The fries were super crispy.
His dessert was a lemon chocolate tart with yuzu sauce and a camomile honey sorbet, which cost an extra $4. All was good until I tried the sorbet...the only thought that went through my head was "YARDLEY".
I liked my cheese platter though. For a supplement of $6, I got comte and reblochon after having told the waiter that I did not want any goat or blue cheeses. This was a very happy ending to a very enjoyable meal.
Website: http://www.aupetitsalut.com/aps/aps-contact.php

No comments:

Post a Comment