Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lufthansa - thumbs up!

I've only flown Lufthansa once during a work trip 3 years ago between Frankfurt and Stockholm, and have never thought much of the food nor service. This time, when I was flying between Porto and Frankfurt, I was pleasantly surprised by (1) being upgraded, and (2) by the excellent food on board.

This was breakfast: a cold platter of ham and cheese, a Portugese egg tart and a hot breakfast.
The hot breakfast had something similar to a vegetarian lasagne and a grilled steak. A bit odd at 7am, but it was still pretty yummy with the meat nice and tender.
What got me slightly disappointed was the realisation that despite having flown on Singapore Airlines almost once a month - sometimes twice - for the past 3 years, I have not been upgraded a single time despite earning literally hundreds of thousands of miles. It's sad that other Star Alliance carriers treat Krisflyer members better than SQ does : (

No comments:

Post a Comment