Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bistro du Vin - The best set lunch ever

The Bistro du Vin set lunch is something that is such brilliant value that you don't want more people than necessary to know about it. $30 gets you 3 courses of very very good quality food, plus coffee, which is so difficult to beat, and is available even on Saturday. Since I'm no longer in Singapore, I'm happy to just post this so that hopefully it can be kept alive until I move back home. 

I was there about 3 months ago, and went back again last month. We tried to order a few different things, but one's heart is always torn when something you've tried gives you such good memories yet you know there are other good things on the menu. 

This was the Iberico ham tartine. The meat was on the salty side, but no complaints there. 

The foie gras ravioli with a creamy sauce and pine nuts was absolutely sinful, decadent and brilliant. Lapped up every last drop of the sauce. And like all good French restaurants, they were very generous with the bread.

Close-up of the ravioli filling - tasty, creamy and super rich. 

Angus ribeye, which cost a supplement of $10. Loved loved loved this. One damn good steak. 

Lamb rack with baby peas - the lamb was fall-off-the-bone tender. Had this again on my second visit, as a main. 

Madeleines with chocolate - soft on the inside, slightly crisp on the outside. Perfect. 

I am of the opinion that this walnut tart has to be the best dessert along Orchard Rd, with a thick caramel taste. 

Next visit - this was the ratatouille with a fried croquette that my dining companion ordered....it was all right, and I'm not a real fan of ratatouille in general.

I went for a second round of the foie gras ravioli. As good as I remembered.

I had the duck confit this time, and it was really brilliant - as good as what I've had in France. 

The pineapple tart dessert was also very very enjoyable, lusciously sweet and tender. 

With tea/coffee, their set lunches are so hard to beat in terms of value for money. Reservations essential. 

https://www.facebook.com/bistroduvin

No comments:

Post a Comment