Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hammer & Tong (Reprise)

After our first visit to Hammer and Tong, I became a regular visitor each time I was in the Fitzroy area. One Sunday morning I sat at the bar alone and tried the breakfast ramen ($15), which came with bacon, mushrooms and a sous vide egg. 

It was a very pretty bowl, but somehow it was odd having bacon flavours in ramen. It was decent but I didn't quite think this was worth ordering again. 

What the menu looked like the next time I went back


After falling in love with the soft shell crab burger on the last visit, I knew I had to have it again. And so, I ordered it together with a lavender yogurt custard. 

My friend had the tabasco deviled eggs with bacon and guinness marmadale - it appeared rather strange and I don't think she enjoyed it very much. 



The lavender yogurt custard with strawberry and pineapple gel and berries was such a beautiful sight to behold, with a mixture of freeze dried and fresh fruit. Possibly one of the most gorgeous and visually stunning meals ever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment