Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fu Lin Yong Tau Fu 福林豆腐园酿豆腐

This place along Amoy Street (near the Cross St end) is always really crowded during lunch hour and it's not easy to get a table. The wait can be up to 15-20 mins if it's really crowded, but this place is pretty good if you're in the mood for a hot, oily and unhealthy yong tau fu fix. It costs around $5 for a set meal (price varies if you have 6, 7 or 8 items).

Everything is deep fried and a thick dark sauce is poured over it, together with some minced pork and mushroom bits.

I always prefer to have the noodlesserved separately from the main items, which is how they do it here. I like the thick bee hoon, which goes really well with the savoury sauce.

19 Amoy St Singapore 069854
Look behind the construction hoarding near Cross Street
Tel: 6423 1911
Open Mon to Sat from 8am-4pm; closed Sundays and public holiday

2 comments:

  1. This was where I had lunch on my first day at URA almost 3 years ago! Elroy and Jon brought me here :) I think I've only eaten there once more since then. Time to go back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember your first day! I was there too!

    ReplyDelete