Monday, March 28, 2011

On hold

I haven't been able to bring myself to blog since the Japan earthquake because it seems so callous to be blogging about food while so many people's lives have been devastated. The sister and her family managed to evacuate in time before the radiation fears started compounding, which we are very grateful for. Contrary to what press reports might say, I was told that the Singapore Embassy in Japan made absolutely no attempt to contact the family nor to provide updates on whether evacuation was necessary, which is a huge disappointment in my opinion (I must qualify this is my personal view only and this does not represent the views of my sister and her family). Expatriates from other countries were flown out almost immediately after the earthquake, with assistance provided either by their consular authorities or companies. The husband and I have just returned from a week in Europe - London and Brussels - so the updates on those eating sprees will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment