Monday, March 5, 2012

A tribute to E

I've been pretty quiet because I've had no motivation to blog about food - an old childhood friend of mine, in the prime of his life, succumbed to cancer exactly two weeks ago. He was a real trooper, pushing on when doctors said he only had months left to live, and proving them wrong. He was always smiling and positive, living life to the fullest playing golf, learning jazz piano and eating well.

We went to Otto and Osvaldo. He brought me to Japanese places that I would never have gone to, like Yakinikutei Aochan and Tatsu. He told me about other Japanese places like Otowa and Teppei, and said I had to try them.

This was taken during the last lunch I had with him in Dec 2011, at Mikuni. Why I only took a photo of the food, but not my dining companion, I have no idea.



E, you're an inspiration and I know you're having an amazing time up there now. We're all missing you here but are so grateful that we were in your life and you in ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment