Saturday, May 5, 2012

Midori Sushi, Shibuya Mark City, Tokyo

No visit to Tokyo is ever complete without a stop at Midori Sushi. This time, we got there around 11.30am and only waited for about half an hour for a table. It was a record!

But I've never managed to get a counter seat :( Imagine having this view during lunch.
We ordered the usual sets - this was the 2100Y set with an amazing variety of seafood.
I had 2 sets - this was under 1000Y but I can't recall how much exactly.
I also had the aburi set for 840Y. Incredible value for money.
This was excellent - it had salmon, squid, prawn and cheese, toro or otoro (cant tell which but it was fatty tuna!) and another white fatty fish. These were lovely after being blowtorched. Easily the best aburi platter I've had.
The queues were super long when we emerged from the shop. I've just discovered from their website http://www.sushinomidori.co.jp/tenpo.html that they have a few other branches around Tokyo as well. Directions to the Shibuya outlet are in the earlier blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment