Sunday, July 8, 2012

Abalone Porridge

Warning for this post: the photos are rather ugly, and this is one of those dishes that taste way better than what is shown in the photos.

I had a can of abalone that was soon expiring, and since we weren't going to do steamboat anytime soon, I decided to cook porridge with it. I also had some dried scallops and dried abalone slices in the fridge, and threw them in as well, after soaking.

I bought chicken breasts and pork ribs, and boiled them with red dates, a carrot and an onion.
After the stock was done, I shredded the meat. I had the rice going in a rice cooker. When the soup was done, I sliced up the dried abalone pieces and mashed up the scallop pieces, and threw everything into one pot to boil. The abalone waiting to be sliced, while the brine was also thrown into the pot.








The final product - the stock was super rich from all the ingredients, and it was even better with chinese parsely.

1 comment:

  1. Tis is what i'm craving for....
    thx for the recipes, find few with dried ablone....

    ReplyDelete