Saturday, August 15, 2009

Porridge for Breakfast

Maxwell hawker centre has a number of pretty good stalls open at breakfast time. My favourite porridge stall there is 诚记 (no English name available) at no. 91, facing Fairfield Methodist Church. I find the porridge nice and light (unlike Zhen Zhen which is seriously thick), and they also have watercress available, which adds a nice crunch.

They serve the usual porridge menu like preserved egg and pork, fish slices, chicken, and they also have fish stomach - not that I've tried it, but I've seen many other people waiting patiently for their serve.

This was a $2.50 serve.

Doing some digging to unearth the cuttlefish and watercress.

I love the mixture of raw fish, lime and sesame oil. A great way to start the day.
Cheng Ji Porridge
Stall 91, Maxwell Road Food Centre
Open for breakfast and lunch seven days.

1 comment:

  1. It's now closed :( Uncle has retired and no longer cooks porridge.

    ReplyDelete