Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Riders Cafe

This was a post I started working on 2 weeks ago, and never had time to complete because I was swamped with office stuff. The nightmare is over, the aliens that landed have left, and life is almost back to normal.

Thinking of where to go for breakfast on a sunny sunday morning after picking my husband up from work was a bit of a challenge since the boy was tired, sleepy and grumpy after a sleepless night. We decided to try out Riders Cafe, located near Green Fairways off Eng Neo Avenue.

The photo below isn't one photo - it's 2 put together showing the entrance and side of the building.

The place was packed. We were told that we needed to vacate our table in an hour, which was fine by us.

I thought this was really thoughtful - the jug had a napkin below (I've been to places where the table ends up in a wet mess), and coasters - with horsehoes, no less.

Cafe lattes just the way my husband likes it. He was starting to look a bit happier.

The thirsty boy had a strawberry milkshake as well. This was really good.
His Norwegian Benedict ($14) consisting smoked salmon, asparagus spears and breakfast potatoes. This was really delicious.

My Riders breakfast ($13) with 2 sunny-side up eggs, bacon (not in picture), baked beans, potatoes, and grapes (??!). Generally okay on the whole, but certainly not as exciting as the Norwegian breakfast.

View from the restaurant

Riders Cafe
51 Fairways Drive
Tel: 64669819
Open Tuesdays to Sundays from 8am to 10.30pm/11pm (Fri and Sat).

1 comment:

  1. I had afternoon coffee there once and I was impressed with their very special dip (consisting of some sour refreshing Jalepeno like creme and real crab meat, not the crab stick kind) for the Nachos...only set back NO AIR CON...for the unenvironmentally friendly singaporean like me :P

    Still, I agree with the more than decent food at decent prices part :)

    ReplyDelete