Saturday, January 8, 2011

Eating in Reims, France

It's been so long since I posted about our trip to France that I had forgotten all about the rest of our eating exploits. I didn't manage to post them since I was in China quite a lot after that, and Blogger was blocked there. But I just had to post photos of this lovely dinner we had in Reims after our friend's wedding. The place we ate at was called Le Grand Cafe along place Drouet d'Erlon, which is the main restaurant/cafe belt in Reims.

It was a lovely summer evening - this was taken around 8.30pm and there were heaps of people sitting around in the cafes and bars watching the World Cup matches.

Nothing like a nice cold beer.

I had a foie gras with caramelised apples for 15 Euros. Although it probably isn't obvious from the photo, the plate was huge, and this was the largest serving of foie gras I had ever had. The biggest piece in the middle of the photo was slightly larger than an apple slice.

It was lusciously soft, rich and flavourful.

The husband had the gratinated mussels.

And I had the mussels with cream in a pot. Both were huge servings costing around 12 to 13 Euros. Cheaper than Brussel Sprouts at Robertson Quay!

Came with fries too.

The mussels were fabulously soft and tasty.

The husband decided that he wanted dessert, and had a real yummy chocolate sundae.

While I had an oversized creme brulee....almost as large as a dessert spoon! It was a lovely meal : )

No comments:

Post a Comment