Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nankotsu - Chicken cartilege

I first tried nankotsu - or chicken cartilege - at a yakiniku place at Gotemba 2 years ago, and have been hooked on it ever since. In Singapore, it's been impossible to find it in the supermarkets (or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough) so each time we go to Aburiya Tei I always make sure I get a serve. Each bird only has like, 2 pieces, so they are rather precious.

This is what it looks like in the flesh...or rather, out of it (heh)
The sister cut it into smaller pieces and grilled it with some salt and pepper. Absolutely perfect and wonderfully crunchy. All eaten in 10 minutes. It went really well with some sichuan pepper and chilli oil : )

1 comment:

  1. Oh okay, I didn't know that bird cartilage is so precious. Dan crunches it up - be it KFC or grilled-at-home style. I can't quite say that the crunching sound goes down well with me during dinner!

    ReplyDelete