Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Japanese Food in Tianjin

I happen to be a huge fan of standard Japanese hotel breakfasts where they give you a piece of grilled fish, with miso soup, pickles and rice. So when we stayed at the Hotel Nikko in Tianjin, and when I found the Japanese breakfast, I went totally crazy. I didn't eat anything else the whole time I was staying there - it was this everyday. The second day (not pictured) they had this amazing half-boiled egg onsen tamago thingy. Cholestrol overload - I had two!

Grilled fish, pickles, miso soup, tamago yaki and rice

Natto, mustard, soy sauce and seaweed to wrap it all up - heaven!

Funny (but true) fact about the Tianjin Nikko (amongst others): The hotel manager's name is Mr Oiishi. No kidding.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so healthy! No wonder the girls all weigh 40 kg.

    ReplyDelete