Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Japanese knick-knacks

I recently received 2 different types of Japanese snacks. First, the mother came back from Nagano with a few boxes of these apple-crate lookalikes from the ski resort (of all places).

They looked just like real apples.

They felt like real apples.

Apple cake!

A few weeks later, I was playing host to some Japanese government officials who had just flown in from Tokyo. They gave me a small box of snacks with an egg motif after the meeting. Opened it up in front of my curious colleagues.

From what I could tell with my limited Japanese, this egg-shaped snack had sesame and originated from a shop in Ginza.
The *egg white* was made out of white chocolate, and the *egg yolk* bit was black sesame. Pretty groovy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, the sesame one looks absolutely delish! I am a huge fan (of black sesame).

    ReplyDelete