Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two Chefs

My father-in-law's favorite dinner venue for 2008-2009 is Two Chefs. We're either always eating here, or buying take out from them and eating at home. Lately, we've been buying back food more often because it's almost impossible to get a seat at peak hour. The photo below was taken at 8pm on a Sunday evening while we were waiting for a table.

According to newspaper reports, the stall was started by 2 young Malaysian chefs. Their fame grew after KF Seetoh featured them on Makansutra 1 to 2 years ago.
We ordered a few dishes to share with steamed rice. First up was assam seafood served in a claypot. I thought it was too sweet, but the FIL liked it.

Herbak chicken, which is always delicious. I think they only serve this on weekends. If I could, I would have drank up every last drop.

My husband's family loves veggies plain boiled without sauce, salt or oil.

The cereal prawns are pretty good.

The dish I always look forward to is the butter pork ribs. I'm not sure about the butter, but they cook the ribs with milk powder and curry leaves....and it goes great with rice.


Blk 116 Commonwealth Drive
#01-129
Tel: 6472 5361
Open 7 days from 11.30am-2.30pm and from 5.30pm onwards for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Wah! The last 4 photos almost made me bend over in hunger! The butter pork ribs look so delish! I'll go seek solace in some empanadas now.

    Hey, if you have some simple recipes for Chinese dishes, can share? We are staying in hostels fulltime now and cook dinner every night. So far we've survived on pre-prepared Oriental flavoured pasta! Its not bad tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Ok! Meeting the MIL tonight, so will ask her. Email you tmr!

    ReplyDelete