Monday, September 14, 2009

M Hotel Buffets

I was at the M Hotel 2 weeks in a row for buffets...the first was for lunch (courtesy of my big boss), and the second was for dinner (courtesy of my uni mates). They have a buffet restaurant on the second floor, where the entire place just revolves around the buffet. The lunch buffet is $36 per adult, which the steamboat dinner buffet costs $40 per adult.

First, the lunch buffet. They had cooked seafood - clams, prawns and mussels.


Sashimi and sushi

The salad bar

Sarawak laksa

Roast meats - duck, pork and char siew

tempura soft-shell crab

breads to go with curry

the salad bar again

the dessert consisted mostly small bites of kueh and cakes

jellies

I didn't see the fruits and durian pengat till later, by which time I was happily eating with my colleagues and had put my camera away. I ate 3 bowls of durian : )
The next visit a week later, I went for the steamboat dinner buffet. The entire place was packed solid on a Wed night.
The meats - beef, chicken, pork, lamb and other various innards
The carbs: noodles of various styles

various mushrooms and tofus

seafood - they even had promfrets

yong tau fu station

Dips and chinese herbs. I was most pleased with the herbs!

The veggies - a pretty good variety

more carbs...I didn't try them though

The dips were really good. They had suki sauce, sesame sauce, sesame oil, spring onions, garlic, chilli, ginger, soy sauce - you name it, they had it. Just one thing that I was craving that wasn't there...chilli oil. Otherwise it would have been perfect.

The dinner desserts were more interesting than the lunch desserts. They even had green tea panna cotta (which I was too stuffed to try)

Jellies

Drunken prawns. These were really fresh...EXCELLENT! We had numerous servings.

Throwing it all in

The best finale to dinner - durian pengat! (I had 3 bowls again)
I would rate the dinner buffet as being more worth the money and value, since the food was of pretty good quality. I really enjoyed the different soups, and adding in the herbs to my own liking made me happy since I felt was in in control of how herbal I wanted the soup. The lunch buffet wasn't priced as attractively as other buffets which give much more food for a few dollars more.
I'm keen to go back for the steamboat. Any takers?
M Hotel
The Buffet at the 2nd Floor
81 Anson Road
Tel: 6500 6116

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete