Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lim Joo Hin Eating House - Teochew Muay

Teochew porridge is one of my absolute favourite foods - I can eat it any day, any time. So when I saw Tan Hsueh Yun feature this place in her facebook page, I marched the husband down the next day to give it a try.

Lim Joo Hin is located along Havelock Road, close to Beo Crescent. I love the idea of eating good old hearty food along the open walkway.


There's a lot of stuff on display. More flavours than Baskin Robbins.


I love the grain-iness of the muay.


Taupok - a must have for teochew muay. This was good - the braising sauce wasn't too salty nor porky.


Chye buay - another teochew muay must have.


I love hae bee hiam with my porridge.

The husband loves lor ab, or braised duck. I thought it wasn't too bad.

Fishcake - good for dipping in the tangy chilli sauce.


I liked the beancurd skin although the husband wasn't a fan.


The minced pork wasn't too fatty


And we had to order the token healthy veg

And one of our favourites - braised peanuts.



It was a fabulous meal - and considering what we've been spending on food, great value for money.


Lim Joo Hin Eating House

715 Havelock Road

Tel: 62729871

Apparently open from 11am to 5am, although I've never been there past 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment