Friday, September 23, 2011

Ming Kee Live Seafood

I've been asked by some of you why I've stopped writing for so long. It's been a really busy couple of months involving a few overseas trips, and I've been tied up with work as well. In any case, this blog has kind of turned into a personal diary about my food adventures so I'll keep updating it for my own records as well entertainment for my faithful miniscule handful of silent readers.

The formatting of the blog has also kind of screwed up ever since I started uploading photos taken from the iPhone 4. I have no technical expertise to undo them, so I'll have to live with the weird outcomes for now.

I've not been able to write about this place for a while, but it's been one of my favourite haunts for a couple of years. Located off the beaten track at MacPherson Road, Ming Kee is really crowded on weekend nights but perfect for lunch. So we've been going there off and on on Sundays after church for our fix of steamed clams and crab bee hooon.

The most succulent steamed clams in soy sauce and minced garlic - the sauce is totally worth slurping up.

One of the times we went there, we were served something like a snow crab - the flesh was super sweet.



The Guinness pork ribs were fantastic - succulent, tasty, sticky - excellent with steamed rice.


This was a different clam species from the one in the first photo - we couldn't really tell the difference between the two. But just as good.


The crab bee hoon with the Sri Lankan crab was somehow not as nice as the earlier one. But the flesh was meatier.


Huge pincers make good lunches.

Ming Kee Live Seafood

556 Macpherson Road

Tel: 6747 4075

Open 7 days for lunch and dinner except CNY

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to more food adventures!

    ReplyDelete