Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meng Cheong Teochew Food Stall at Ghim Moh Market

Another of my favourite teochew muay stalls is at Ghim Moh Market. Way back in the 90s, when I was wearing a white shirt and green skirt, I used to eat at this stall pretty frequently when we had the opportunity to escape though the side gate. Since I happened to be in the area for a meeting, I was very pleased to be able to visit my old haunt.

It was super crowded! Argh. They used to do table service. Now you need to queue!

All the yummy stuff on a tray


Chai Poh Nng and fishcake - teochew muay staples.


Tau pok and lor bak - such good flavour!


Chye buay - another teochew muay staple. In case you're wondering why everything is a staple for me, it's because I really like to eat EVERYTHING.


The fish cake has chye poh inside - oh so yummy (I don't know why iphone rotated my photo like that and I can't rotate it back)


No comments:

Post a Comment