Monday, August 6, 2012

Club St Social

I had walked past Club St Social many times before actually going in, and had wondered if it had anything to do with Pollen Street Social in London. I don't have the answer to that, but after having lunch there once, I'm convinced that they serve a great lunch. The problem, however, is that it comes at a rather high price which I'm not willing to pay on even a monthly basis. The lunch I had set me back $50, coffee included. However I went there at a pretty stressful time, and so was happy to pay that sort of money as a form of escapism. Now that I'm thinking a bit more rationally, I'd say that the food was good but not really worth that amount.

We started with the octopus, artichoke and potato salad ($18). I love octopus, so this was fabulous. The dressing was quite mild, and the octopus was very tender.

The grilled ribeye panini ($28) was fantastic. Let's say that the only other steak sandwich that comes remotely close is the Mortons steak sandwich...which comes free with martinis but that's another story altogether.

Pan seared lobster, avocado and yuzu mayo ($28) - expensive but oh so good, with thick meaty lobster pieces and creamy avocado and yuzu mayo sauce.

I really like how they've done the interior, with a super high ceiling and lots of natural light. A great place for lunching alone at the bar.

5 Gemmill Lane, off Club Street
Tel: +65 6225 5043
www.clubstreetsocial.com

No comments:

Post a Comment