Monday, August 20, 2012

Shirokane Tori-Tama


Shirokane is a neighbourhood in inner-city Tokyo that is popular with expatriates, so I assume that this restaurant must have had its roots from the area. I've not bothered to go do research on the history of this restaurant, but I'm sure that it can be found online.

To the food. This place probably has the best quality yakitori in Singapore, comparable in flavour and taste to the yakitori joint in Naka-Meguro that my husband and I have declared as probably the best we've ever eaten. However, we ordered quite a lot in Tokyo and the total bill was only S$100 including drinks, which was amazing value for money in our opinion.

I was there with 2 girlfriends on a weekday night and the place was absolutely packed, which is always a good sign. A better sign is realising that you're a minority race in a restaurant that is packed with their own kind. I was really pleased.

We started with a salad - can't recall what it was, but it was nice. Pleasant. Refreshing.
Tsukune - one of the rare versions in Sg where they actually have cartilege minced into the meatballs.


Chicken hearts - not a fan, sadly.


Thigh meat - this was really juicy, tender and tasty.


A close up

Chicken soup - very pleasantly mild and soothing.

Nankotsu - probably my favourite chicken part. Nicely done.



I can't remember which meat part this was, but it was just as good as the thigh.


Mushrooms were okay.

Asparagus was nice.


Pork neck was amazing. Succulent, soft, juicy and very tasty

Okra- this was not too bad

The chicken wings were really, one of the best I've ever eaten - second only to the Naka Meguro branch. Super crispy skin with super juicy meat.

And ended off the meal with a seaweed ochazuke. Lovely.


The meal wasn't cheap, but it was certainly good. I think it cost around $80 per person including drinks.


#01-02 Robertson Walk, 11 Unity Street. Tel: 6836 5680

No comments:

Post a Comment