Saturday, August 11, 2012

Xiao La Jiao 小辣椒

I've very sadly and painfully been missing China food, and the last time I had a good Sichuan meal was more than 2 years ago in 2010. Unexpectedly, my sister said she wanted to eat Sichuan food, and so off the family went to 112 Katong to try out this restaurant that she found.

We ordered quite a few things - first up was the 口水鸡. Not that exciting, I found the one from Taste Paradise a lot better. This didn't have enough sesame paste.I love shredded potato. But this was just okay. The one from 手拉手 was way better (but it was also 3 times the price)The garlic with streaky pork rolls (蒜泥白肉) was pretty good though.
And this was outstanding - described as griddle-cooked pork ribs, these pork ribs were dry, in a spicy mixture with various assorted vegetables. Fantastic with rice.

I seriously loved their rice - it had little bits of corn, and while it was not as sticky as those served in China, it was sufficiently sticky to go well with the spicy dishes. Another seriously good dish - their ma po tofu was very authentic. Man I miss China.
Another excellent dish - the 辣子鸡 was very tasty, spicy and absolutely enjoyable. The highlight of the evening - the 水煮鱼 was excellent as well.

I liked it so much that I went back the following week. It's about $25 per head, including drinks.


http://www.xiaolajiao.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment