Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bad Restaurant Week Meal

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll realise that I never write bad things unless they are absolutely warranted, or if I get pissed off enough by the establishment. Unfortunately one of those incidents happened to me recently, during Restaurant Week. 

This place markets itself as "the perfect blend of classic French bistro" in the Duxton Road area named after some obese house of wine. But I was sorely disappointed when I went there during Restaurant Week - their starter was 1 miserable poached egg with fried mushrooms and a bit of salad, their main was this chicken vol au vent pictured below (which was super salty) with steamed rice, and their dessert was 2 lumps of chocolate mousse that were rather turd-like. No choices. No coffee or tea. $25+++. 

The last time I had a chicken vol au vent was in college, where I stayed with 200 other uni students whose main goal in life was to use drunken parties to get on the scoreboard. I would never pay good money to buy another chicken vol au vent, which seriously was just a glorified Polar Chicken Pie. The edge that Polar has over this place is that Polar probably at least bakes their own pastry; I'm sure the vol au vent was bought premade and frozen.

If they knew or cared about what their neighbour served, they would hang themselves in shame. But sadly, such operators seem to be more concerned about their name, ambience, marketing, image, etc, than whether the customer would come back. And SORRY, French fat house, I'm not spending a single cent there again, and will tell all my friends and readers not to as well.

HMPH.

1 comment:

  1. I know which restaurant this is! Ate there once based on a friend of a friend's recommendation. Not great. Not impressed. At all. And I'm not even a foodie.

    ReplyDelete