Sunday, October 14, 2012

Uncle Leong Seafood at Toa Payoh

I was first introduced to the possibility of not going to Jumbo for seafood when a university friend brought me to Uncle Leong while they were still opposite Mellben at Ang Mo Kio St 22.  When they moved to Punggol, the thought of driving across the country became too intimidating, but I recently found out they've opened another branch at Toa Payoh Lorong 8, which was much closer to home. They're in a coffeeshop, so BYO-ing one of our favourite bottles without corkage was possible.  

 We also brought back some parma ham from Florence, which we had on top of rockmelon
 

 The perfect entree - albeit with plastic cups and toothpicks

Salted egg crab - this was very yummy. They were generous with the sauce, and the crab was fat and meaty.

Seafood tofu - I must confess I didn't try this.  


This was the dish I first fell in love with with 6 years ago - their crab bee hoon soup was as good as ever.

Full of goodness, with soup top-ups available at extra cost. 

Salt egg prawn - this was pretty yummy

 Fish skin is my new favourite dish - excellent. 

 Find them at http://www.uncleleongseafood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment