Friday, October 5, 2012

Mi Si Hunan Restaurant (密斯湘菜馆)

A colleague of Hunan origin brought me to this Hunan restaurant for lunch, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great knowing that it was an authentic place, and I'd be happy to go there again anytime.

The name of the restaurant on their tissue packet - I never know that Hunan food was called 湘菜.

干锅烟笋烧腊肉 - smoked bamboo shoots with waxed meat  ($22.80). This was amazing with steamed rice. The bamboo was extremely fragrant, and the waxed meat flavours complemented it perfectly.

干锅茶树菇($19.80) was a dish I had eaten many times in China, and really enjoyed. The mushrooms were a bit tough, but generally tasted similar to what I knew.

香锅飘香鱼 ($24.80). We wanted to eat the 双色鱼头王- fish head with chillies of 2 colours, but the waiting time was too long. The fish slices in chilli oil were very much like 水煮鱼, so it was more 川菜 instead of 湘菜. This was decent, but I would probably order something else next time. 

Based on these dishes, the restaurant is definitely worth a repeat visit.

密斯湘菜餐厅 
Tel: 6225 5968 
Add:24 Smith Street

No comments:

Post a Comment