Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Little Spanish Place - Take 2

These photos were from a visit earlier this year to MLSP, and I've only just got down to uploading them. Over the past 2 years, the food has been consistently good and I'm happy to say that this would be my go-to Spanish restaurant in Singapore.  

There was a beautiful leg of ham on the counter when we arrived

Absolutely beautiful 

Some of the cold cuts that we started with

Croquettes - the first of our tapas

Mixed salad - perhaps the most boring dish of the night

Tortillas 

Anchovies with grilled peppers on bread

Mushrooms with melted cheese


 Gazpacho

Grilled squid

 Garlic prawns - great with their white wines

The star of the evening - their roast suckling pig

Slicing the pig wasn't too difficult - I found out after I had a go. Apparently it's traditional for them to smash the plate after the pig's all cut up. And the use of a plate with a fairly blunt edge also was a good sign - it meant the pig was super crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside.

Almost there

One platter on our table - the cheek supposedly had the best meat

You can't come to a Spanish restaurant and not order paella

 I think this was apple pie, but it was difficult to also stuff in the desserts after all that food

Traditional Spanish sweets taken post meal

No comments:

Post a Comment