Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekday lunch

After a rather intense meeting at Raffles Hotel, I went to Raffles City with a colleague to wait for our respective partners to join us for lunch. We couldn't resist starting with Ben and Jerry's ice cream. To the left: Banana sundae with a scoop of Phish Food, chocolate sauce and chopped nuts. To the right: Chocoloate macadamia. Absolutely yummy.

The husband arrived and we went our separate ways. After walking past the ridiculously long queue outside Din Tai Fung, we decided to eat at Bishamon Ramen, which we had tried previously at Great World City. The ramen shop was packed, and we took the last 2 available seats.

The menu has great photos of their ramen.

The husband ordered the standard shio ramen ($12.90), and I had the special miso ramen ($13.90). My rationale for doing so was because I saw that the special miso ramen came with an egg (the ni-tamago) which cost $1.20 to add to the standard ramens. Yes, I am ashamed to admit I do count my pennies in that way. But it just made financial sense to order the special ramen which cost $1 more, saving 20 cents in the process!

The husband's shio ramen. It was yummy.



The special miso ramen. I think it was the corn and egg that qualified it as "special". It was decent, but I still preferred the shio soup base.

The noodles are more springy than Ramen Santouka's. Think they probably add more egg in their recipe.

A yummy lunch followed by hot steaming cafe lattes from Gloria Jeans to perk me up for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment