Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chuan Fu Lao Ma 川府老妈 at Tanggu

One of my last meals in China was at a Sichuan place in Tianjin, where I had eaten once before in 2008. Chuan Fu Lao Ma has a few outlets across Tianjin, but none really close to where we normally stay. I was most pleased that the medium boss was willing to travel there, since I had suggested it on the pretext of showing new big boss the surroundings.

I would rate the ma po dou fu as one of the best ever, even better than Spice Spirit. It had a nice meaty taste to it, and wasn't all hell and brimstone and fire like others that I've tried.
I didn't touch this prawn in tomato sauce ordered by some insipid non-gourmet.

The french beans with black bean sauce and garlic was pretty good with rice.

But the main highlight of the meal was the 水煮鱼,literally water-cooked fish. Except it was a huge tub of hot oil.

I miss China :(

No comments:

Post a Comment