Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Huat Kee

We were at Huat Kee for lunch yesterday to celebrate a colleague's birthday, and had a really good and hearty Teochew meal. I was at Huat Kee last week for lunch with another group of people, and we also had a steamed promfret which had an amazing soup stock - unfortunately I didn't manage to photograph it. I used to go there pretty often when I was working with the Chinese 4 years ago, and I recall it being a place with dependably good food.

I liked the oyster omelette more than the one at Beng Hiang, which good as it is, is just a bit too crispy.

We had the chicken and cabbage - this was really flavourful and I have no idea what went into the stock. But it was very sweet.

The chicken was fall-off-the-bone tender.
 

The ngoh hiang was good - but nothing to shout about.

The braised goose was great with porridge

We also had the fried kuey teow with chye poh - I remembered this being much better before. 
 

I would label their orh nee as best in Singapore- it's rich, creamy and flavourful and I love the pumpkin and gingko nuts.
 


74 Amoy Street, Singapore
Tel: 6423 4747

No comments:

Post a Comment