Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brasserie Wolf

This is a rather outdated post but one that I still want to write because it was such a pleasant dining experience. We made a couple of Restaurant Week bookings, and were careful to stay away from the celebrities where extra dining premiums were added - that kind of made the discounts seem meaningless. Brasserie Wolf didn't, so that was right up our alley.
The restaurant wasn't all that full, which got me a little concerned.
I had the foie gras terrine. This was a little too rich for me - after about 5 mouthfuls I started struggling. That's not to say it wasn't good, but perhaps my palate may have changed with age.
The husband had the pan seared scallop on a sort of ratatouille. He loved it. So did I! The scallops were seared just right and had a lovely sweetness.
The husband ordered the mushroom and garlic risotto which was very flavourful. A bit too much garlic for me though.
I had the best boeuf bourguignon I think I've ever eaten. It was sweet, flavourful, rich, warm, and oozing with flavour. I loved the mashed potatoes. Everything about this dish was perfect.
He had the chocolate martini which I thought was ok.
My lemon tart was pretty good though : )We loved the fact that we had scored ourselves a brilliant 3-course dinner for $35, with good quality food of sufficient quantity. We'll definitely be back.







80 Mohamed Sultan Road The Pier at Robertson #01-13 Tel: 6835 7818

Opening hours: Lunch from 12 noon – 2.30 p.m (Mon – Fri, All day on Public Holidays)Dinner from 6 – 10.30 pm (Sun –Thurs), Fri, Sat & Eve of Public Holidays 6 – 11 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment