Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hill Street Tai Hwa Bak Chor Mee

I've resisted posting about this stall for a while because it's crowded enough and certainly doesn't need a larger following (which equals longer queues). But I've come to realise that good food is worth sharing about, and so reluctantly I've decided to post this.

Side thought - why are all the BEST (my vote for best Char Kway Teow and best Bak Chor Mee) stalls from Hill Street? It must have been one heck of a foodie paradise in its heyday. I remember my dad buying braised duck from the hawker centre that was pretty damn good.

Back to the Bak Chor Mee. The erractically long queue (but always long). Normal waiting time is about half an hour on average.

And after all those excruciating moments lining up, this is what you get. Lard-laden, vinegar-splashed, salt-fish laced Heaven in a bowl. Words are not enough to describe how amazing this bak chor mee is. The perfect combination of salty, sour and meaty on top of al dente noodles.
We normally order a side bowl of wantons and pork balls to share. The normal serve is not enough.
No address supplied. Don't compete with me in the queue. Go figure it out yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment