Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santaro, Amara Hotel

I had only gone to Santaro for lunch before, but thanks to a Groupon deal, we bought 50% vouchers and headed there for dinner a couple of months ago.

The husband ordered unagi - we were pleasantly surprised to find it was freshly grilled to just the right degree.

Cha soba for our carbs


Cod done 3 ways - one with mentaiko (that was mine), one teriyaki (I think) and one shio (again, i think). Simple, ordinary, but still delicious.


Our chirashi sushi was extremely enjoyable.


There was a lot of fish, and these were pretty good cuts as well. Unfortunately, as I recall, it was pretty expensive so we won't be going back there anytime soon.


Loved all the colours of the fish.


We also had a sushi set. This was the premium set, I believe. Unfortunately I felt it was pretty ordinary - in terms of value for money, I didn't think it was worth it. Good, but not that mindblowing.


The restaurant was pretty empty at night. Guess it really gets most of its business from lunch and at dinner time, from those people with entertainment budgets.


I ordered a grilled mentaiko.


Now, this I enjoyed, although it was pretty salty. Great with lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment