Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hong Kong: Tai Cheong Egg Tarts

So after stuffing my face silly at Luk Yu (yes, I went alone), I went in search of egg tarts. The same foodie friend that directed me to Luk Yu had given me the details for Tai Cheong. Unfortunately the map I was using didn't have Lyndhhurst Terrace marked out on it, so it really could have been in Tsim Sha Tsui or the New Territories for all I knew. I was just looking for egg tarts, and any one would have been fine.

And it must have been my day because I decided to make a random turn to buy a bottle of water from 7-11, and lo and behold, I saw Lyndhurst Terrace. Walked on for bit before seeing this glorious sign.



Since I had so serendipitiously come across the shop, I felt I had to make it worth my while. So I bought 10 intending to give 5 away to my colleagues (and to eat the other 5). Fortunately no one I travelled with knows about this blog. So please don't tell them about it.
In fact I was so desperate that I found a ledge somewhere and sat down to devour the egg tarts. They were well worth the effort. Absolutely pannacotta-smooth texture, albeit less soft, and wonderful flaky pastry.



35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, Hong Kong
Opening Hours : 7:30am – 9pm (Mondays to Saturdays)8:30am – 9pm (Sundays and Public Holidays)
Telephone : 852-2544 3475

No comments:

Post a Comment