Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nadaman Again

We tried Nadaman for dinner with a discount - it's not worth the money otherwise. The husband and I ordered the omakase sets, and I can't quite recall what they cost but they were rather Exhorbitant with a capital E.

The emptiness of the restaurant says it all.
The starters for his set - a tofu dish, a fried fish and baby bok choy. Very ordinary.
I ordered a slightly less expensive set and had the tofu and bok choy.
A clear broth with a tofu/egg like cube.
His sashimi - otoro (or chutoro?), hotate and snapper I think it was
My sashimi - maguro, tai (sea bream) and the same unmemorable/unidentifiable fish. Slightly less elite cuts.
There was a california roll that came with one of the sets (I forget which).
Teriyaki gindara. Normal.
There was a serve of foie gras on braised daikon.
This was pretty good!
Random vegetable dish to fill up the time and space.
The tempura was pretty good quality. Crisp and light. Enjoyed this very much.
The husband had sushi. This looked pretty. I'm sure it tasted good too.
Lots of fatty looking fish.
I had teppanyaki beef - this was very yummy. Loved the garlic and pepper.
I also had the udon. I couldn't tell whether it was freshly made or not, but it felt like dehydrated udon to me.
Texture wasn't too bad, but fresh is always better.
Yuzu sherbet
Black sesame ice cream on top of creme brulee
Definitely an enjoyable meal, but it created a significant dent on the wallet. We're not gonna be going until the next major discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment